Today we switch gears and interview the ultra athlete Dave Proctor. Dave has held the world record for the longest distance covered on a treadmill in 24 hours (257km) and held the Canadian 24hr, 48hr and 72hr record.
Dave Proctor is also preparing for his second attempt to run across Canada, a total of 7,200km and break the speed record by covering 105km per day for 67 days straight. He does this to push his limits while raising awareness for his foundation ‘Outrun Rare’.
I was blessed for this interview as Dave shares his recovery secrets and how experience has shifted his views on recovery. We dive into Dave’s sleep strategies, his diet, experience with CBD, use of toe spacers, cold showers, compressive recovery pants and training habits.
You can also find Dave’s podcast Chasing Tomorrow
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Click here to find the Run Smarter App on IOS or Android
- You can also support the podcast for $5AUD per month and interact with the podcast on a deeper level by visiting our patreon page
- You can also click here for our smarter runner facebook group
Other podcast episodes:
- Heart rate variability for measuring recovery with Simon Wegerif
- Understanding your Recovery Pyramid with Shona Halson
- Bringing you up to speed on recovery
- Understanding Nutrition for Optimal Recovery with Christie Aschwanden