Today we have Lizzie Marlow, a specialist physiotherapist from the UK. Due to popular demand from the listeners we e dive into this particular tendon problem. I for one am excited to have Lizzie on to discuss this because there are a lot of misconceptions surrounding tib post pain, footwear, strengthening exercises and injury prevention. So today, we answer all the questions you submitted through social media along with the topics below.
- Tib post anatomy & function
- Likely causes for this condition in running
- Role of pronation & orthotics
- Early & late stage strengthening exercises
- Running considerations & prevention tips
Thank you Lizzie Marlow for sharing your expertise and please if you have any other episode requests let me know and I will try my best to deliver. Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
- You can find Lizzie on Twitter here
Other podcast episodes:
- Strength Training 5: Keep your feet strong with Podiatrist Tim Bransdon
- Talking Tendons 1: Tendinopathy 101
- 5 reasons why your Tendon Rehab is Failing!