Christie Aschwanden is an american journalist, science writer and author of Good to Go: How to eat, sleep & rest like a champion. Christie’s work has had a huge influence on the momentum of this recovery month theme and today, we focus on Nutrition for optimal recovery.
After chatting with Christie Aschwanden about the book we then draw our attention towards hydration to the recreational runner. How important is hydration and how do we know if we are having too little or too much fluid? We then dive into common nutrition mistakes runners often make, whether it is for recovery, race day preparation or weekly routine.
We then cover a tonne of listener questions, including the relevance of the 30-minute post exercise nutrition window, how effective beer is post run, and should we follow the science claims on recovery supplements.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Click here to find the Run Smarter App on IOS or Android
- You can also support the podcast for $5AUD per month and interact with the podcast on a deeper level by visiting our patreon page
- You can also click here for our smarter runner facebook group
Other podcast episodes:
- Heart rate variability for measuring recovery with Simon Wegerif
- Understanding your Recovery Pyramid with Shona Halson
- Bringing you up to speed on recovery