Throughout this new weekly series, Brodie talks about his personal experiences with particular injuries and shares the lessons he has learnt along the way. You will gain insight into injury management & prevention. This episode dives into patellar tendinopathy. Here are some of the topics:
- How does a patellar tendinopathy usually behave? What are the usual symptoms throughout the pathology?
- Why we need to address our weak links, rather than just avoiding aggravating factors. Eventually your past injuries will arise if they are not address head on!
- The power of isometric strengthening exercises for tendons. Isometric strengthening can be perfect before running and also to implement during particular flare ups.
- Why you shouldn’t wait until you are pain free before running. This is a mistake runners often make when they are afraid to load up a sore tendon.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- Talking Tendons 1: Tendinopathy 101
- Brodie’s Journey Overcoming 6 years of Tendinopathy
- What Brodie has learnt from: Calf & Achilles pain