We have the legendary Dr. Izzy Moore who is a world-leading researcher in Cardiff. Izzy Moore has done a lot of work on gait-retraining and cadence changes. Today I pick Izzy’s brain on how a recreational runner can change their running technique to help their performance, overcome a running injury and injury prevention. Izzy shares the latest research on gait retraining for injuries, specifically ITB friction syndrome, patellofemoral knee pain and stress fractures.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
- To follow Izzy on Twitter click here
Other podcast episodes:
- How to Run Faster without Injury with Chris Russell
- Principle #6 to Overcome your Running Injury: Watch your step, Running cadence
- Running Technique Insight for Injury Prevention & Performance with Chris Bramah