Alice Sanvito is a massage therapist trained in trigger point massage, remedial and sports massage. After several years practicing & lecturing the concepts she learnt she began challenging her own beliefs and following the science. Today we cover several topics around massage therapy and what you can do as a runner to take full advantage of passive treatments.
- Are there benefits of massage to promoting blood circulation, and removing lactic acid?
- Does Alice Sanvito think massage helps with muscle lengthening & knots?
- What is the mechanism behind trigger point therapy?
- What are the traps that a runner might fall into if they are unaware of the true behind an evidence-based treatment.
- When is there a place for a runner to receive massage therapy and how can it actually benefit the recreational runner for performance and treatment?
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- Q&A #3: Warm-up, Stretching & Recovery tips
- Sleep Science for Runners with Dr Amy Bender
- The Relationship of Sleep & Cortisol in Running Injuries