Sleep & Cortisol for Running Injuries
This episode is another big step in knowledge towards injury prevention. In order to train hard, you need to sleep hard. We also need to lower our stress and cortisol in order to reduce risk of running injuries in order to optimize recovery.
- the connection of poor sleep with injury
- sleep with reduced performance
- the interwoven relationship of cortisol, stress and pain levels.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your running knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, running research and blog posts