Talking Tendons 2: Tendinopathy Rehabilitation & Prevention
On The Run Smarter Podcast we begin a new mini-series on tendon pain and tendinopathy. Because most lower limb tendinopathies react and rehab the same way, we can learn the common principles and significantly enhance your running intelligence. Talking tendons 1 explains WHY and HOW we get a tendinopathy, but now in talking tendons 2 we look at some universal principles to rehabilitate and prevent tendon pain!
- Learn the different tendon pain terminology: Tendinopathy, Tendinosis, tendinitis.
- Learn about the tendon structure continuum: Reactive, dysrepair, Degenerative.
We learn 3 stages to recovery:
- Stage 1: Firstly, identify daily tasks and positions that will be compressing the tendon.
- Stage 2: Then, tendons love load! but how do we progress?
- Stage 3: Lastly, throughout stage 2 carefully balancing what running loads can be tolerated.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your running knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, running research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- Talking Tendons 3: Achilles, Hamstring & Gluteal tendinopathy
- Tendons 4: Patella tendinopathy with Caz