My conversation with Dane Verwey
Today we introduce Dane Verwey who is a physiotherapist & the Run Culture podcast host. We combine forces and knowledge to discuss the difference between good pain and bad pain. This is crucial to differentiate because we don’t want to push an injury into a more aggravated state but also, we don’t want to completely rest if we don’t have to.
Some concepts we discuss are:
- Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), why is it ‘good’ pain.
- The common characteristics of DOMS How DOMS is different to ‘Bad’ pain
- How the location and nature of your pain can be interpreted
- How you would expect good pain and bad pain to respond to rest & exercise
- The consequences of misinterpreting two 2 type of pain
- Some tests you can do at home to assess if you are clear to run after ‘Bad’ pain.
- Common characteristics of stress fractures.
Dane is a good friend and will appear of several episode in the future to discuss different topics
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your running knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Click here to find his podcast on Itunes
- Click here to find Dane’s FB group: and instagram
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, running research and blog posts