Talking Tendons 101
On The Run Smarter Podcast we begin a new mini-series on tendon pain and tendinopathy. Because most lower limb tendinopathies react and rehab the same way, we can learn the common principles and significantly enhance your running intelligence. So, to kick off talking tendons 1 we cover tendon basics.
- Learn the different tendon pain terminology: Tendinopathy, Tendinosis, tendinitis.
- Learn about the tendon structure continuum: Reactive, dysrepair, Degenerative.
Firstly, we explore the 3 main reasons why we get tendinopathy. First we have overload, then compression and lastly the lack of recovery or tissue tolerance. Listen to the entire episode to learn risk factors and why we don’t rely heavily on biomechanics.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your running knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, running research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- Tendons 2: Tendinopathy rehabilitation & prevention
- Talking Tendons 3: Achilles, Hamstring & Gluteal tendinopathy
- Tendons 4: Patella tendinopathy with Caz