Christos is a practicing physical therapist who published a paper titled ‘Running economy: A comprehensive review for passive force generation‘. On The Run Smarter Podcast today, we break down the concept on running economy and how you can apply this into your running to become a more efficient runner. We remove the scientific jargon so any runner can understand and finish with some practical take-aways. Some topics we discuss are:
- What is running economy & why is it so important?
- Why is lower-limb stiffness a good thing?
- How can we test our leg stiffness & running economy?
- What can we implement to help running economy including strike pattern, footwear and strength training
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
- If you have any questions for Christos you can e-mail him here
Other podcast episodes:
- Gait retraining for performance, treatment & prevention with Dr. Izzy Moore
- Principle #6 to Overcome your Running Injury: Watch your step, Running cadence
- Strength training 2: To be a better runner, I just need to run. Right?