By now most runners will know that strength training is beneficial to their running. However, exactly what type of strength training might be confusing. I am hearing this a lot and so by popular demand, I have published this episode. This is outside the norm as it dedicates an entire episode to one published article. Fei Li et al, 2020 is a very well designed study looking at three groups. Firstly, we have a plyometric strength group. Secondly, the heavy strength group and lastly the endurance training group. They measured endurance running as an outcome so let’s find out who comes on top for running performance!
Which training method is better at improving your running performance? Listen in to find out.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- Q&A: Heel drops/Shockwave/Strength training/Taping
- Strength training 1: Strength training injury risk & injury prevention
- Strength training 2: To be a better runner, I just need to run. Right?
- Gait retraining for performance, treatment & prevention with Dr. Izzy Moore