Today on the Run Smarter Podcast we answer questions from our Patreon family. We answer questions around heel drops, shockwave, strength training & whether taping is effective. If you would like to contribute to the podcast, join our small family and have the opportunity to ask your own questions just contribute $5 per month and sign up on the patreon link below.
Here are today’s topics:
- What are ‘heel drops’ in a shoe and how can a change in heel drop lead to injury.
- Describe shockwave therapy & is it beneficial for running rehabilitation?
- What are some strength exercises to help a sprinter?
- Is there a rep range that endurance runners should aim for?
- What are the effects of taping and the pros & cons.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- The Run Smarter Podcast Q&A #1: Answering all your running injury questions
- The Run Smarter Podcast Q&A 2 Answering all your Strength Training Questions
- Q&A #3: Warm-up, Stretching & Recovery tips