Today Brodie talks about his past 4 weeks of managing multiple injuries, what he has implemented for rehab & how he continues to maintain fitness while injured.
Over the past month Brodie has encountered hamstring pain, a sprained ankle and low back pain. Even though these injuries are piling up one after another Brodie is still remaining strong and maintaining his pre-injury cardiovascular fitness. We go through these lessons:
- Accepting life will always throw you curveballs, being injured is just a part of the game
- The benefits of keeping active, what can you do to keep moving forward?
- Noticing improvement in symptoms day-by-day as permission to progress your rehab.
- Identified my weak links and incorporated it into your recovery.
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Click here for a FREE 20 min Injury chat to discuss your current injury & see if online physio is right for you
- Click here to find the Run Smarter App on IOS or Android
- Interested in the Run Smarter Course? Sign up to either the injury prevention, injury rehabilitation or running performance course with coupon code ‘PODCAST’ to receive a 3-day free trial.
- You can also support the podcast for $5AUD per month and interact with the podcast on a deeper level by visiting our patreon page
- You can also click here for our smarter runner facebook group
Other podcast episodes:
- What Brodie has learnt from: Plantar Fasciitis
- What Brodie has learnt from: Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy
- What Brodie has learnt from: Calf & Achilles pain