Throughout this new weekly series, Brodie talks about his personal experiences with particular injuries and shares the lessons he has learnt along the way. You will gain insight into injury management & prevention. So, this episode dives into persistent calf tightness and achilles pain. Here are some of the topics:
- Is stretching effective for calf & achilles pain?
- How can running technique help manage and prevent calf strains?
- How should you manipulate your shoes & terrain to aid recovery?
- What role does strength training have & at what dosage?
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- The Mystery of muscle Cramping with Jeff Sankoff
- Talking Tendons 1: Tendinopathy 101
- Overcoming your Calf Strains with Neil & Victoria