Colin Hoobler is the Host of the Action30 podcast and an experienced personal trainer. I used this as a great opportunity to discuss safety considerations for runners when in the gym. We all know the benefits of strength training for runners but how do we implement it safely? Today we discuss:
- The 4 W’s Where, Why, What, Who starting a program
- Technique considerations for squats, lunges, deadlifts, calf raises.
- Training dosages for beginners and experienced runners.
- How to add on weight safely.
- Tempo & plyometric exercises
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
- Visit the Action30 website and Facebook page
Other podcast episodes:
- The Run Smarter Podcast Q&A 2 Answering all your Strength Training Questions
- Q&A #3: Warm-up, Stretching & Recovery tips
- Strength training 4: Exercises & program planning for runners with Richard Blagrove