We conclude our mini-series with talking tendons 5. Dr Peter Malliaras has been a clinical researcher in the field of tendinopathy pathology and rehabilitation for more than 15 years. He has contributed to more than 55 peer review publications surrounding tendinopathy and as a clinician, sees around 30-40 tendinopathy clients per week.
In this episode you will learn:
- The latest research in tendon pain and tendon rehabilitation
- What management has shifted in the past 5-10 years
- What we can conclude with shockwave. PRP and cortisone injections.
- Best management from acute to chronic
- When to be sent for scans
- What other structures could be contributing to pain
- Your Facebook questions also get answered!
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your running knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, running research and blog posts
- To visit Peter’s website head to: https://www.tendinopathyrehab.com/
- You can also follow Peter on Twitter
Other podcast episodes:
- Talking Tendons 1: Tendinopathy 101
- Tendons 2: Rehabilitation & prevention
- Talking Tendons 3: Achilles, Hamstring & Gluteal Tendon pain