Epigenetics can interact with your DNA and genes in order to activate & deactivate your blueprint. Even though your DNA is hardwired, the cell’s characteristics & function can change based around your epigenetics.
Dr. Cam McDonald is a lecturer, dietician & exercise physiologist here to talk about the information all runners need to know about epigenetics.
With epigenetics, we can look at how your body is built, along with how you respond to training load and provide tailored recommendations for you to thrive and run safely. We also look at injury, and how different runners respond to pain & injury differently along with strategies to help each.
Visit his website over at www.DrCamMcdonald.com.au
- Click here for a FREE 20 min Injury chat to discuss your current injury & see if online physio is right for you
- Click here to find the Run Smarter App on IOS or Android
- Interested in the Run Smarter Course? Sign up to either the injury prevention, injury rehabilitation or running performance course with coupon code ‘PODCAST’ to receive a 3-day free trial.
- You can also support the podcast for $5AUD per month and interact with the podcast on a deeper level by visiting our patreon page
- You can also click here for our smarter runner facebook group
Other podcast episodes:
- Inflammatory diets impacting your running with Vicky Kuriel
- Safe Weight-loss Methods for Runners with Dr. Nick Fuller