ITB friction syndrome is the second-most common running related injury and is the number 1 cause for lateral knee pain. I also mention the exciting details of the Run Smarter Online Course which will be launching soon! On today’s episode you will learn:
- The role of the ITB
- What training errors cause ITB friction syndrome
- Are there any running risk factors?
- Should I foam roll my ITB?
- What are the most effective treatments?
Congratulations on listening to this podcast and starting your run smarter journey. The run smarter podcast is designed to help you build on your knowledge, so you can tackle all your running goals. Hosted by Brodie Sharpe with the mission to ‘bring clarity & control to every injured runner’. Firstly, gain the universal principles every runner needs to know by listening to the first podcast seasons. Secondly, find podcast topics tailored to your specific situation with either Brodie’s solo episodes, or special guest episodes. Lastly, execute on what you learn and transform into a stronger, healthier, SMARTER runner.
- Follow & contribute on the Run Smarter Podcast Facebook page
- You can also follow our instagram page for latest audio snippets, research and blog posts
Other podcast episodes:
- 5 reasons why your tendon rehab is failing!
- Tendons 1: Tendinopathy 101
- Tendons 5: Interview with Peter Malliaras